What to Expect
Before packing for your adventure in Sitka, Alaska, we strongly urge you to bring as little as possible. The goal is to bring only what will fit into a "carry on" piece of luggage. The less you bring, the more room you'll have for fish on the way back. Contact Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air at 800-426-0333 for carry-on baggage specifications.
Bring only what you need. We suggest a camera, sunscreen, and sunglasses, as well as warm layered clothing, a lightweight jacket, sweater or vest. Long underwear, gloves and a stocking hat are not always necessary, but you may need them (average temperature is 50-65 degrees in the summer). Other than that, we provide all of the necessary fishing gear and equipment, including boots and rain gear. (When you book your trip, we'll ask for your jacket and boot size. Your gear will be waiting for you when you arrive.)
After each day on the water, you'll have some time to head into town to shop or simply stay at the lodge and enjoy all we have to offer. At the lodge you'll likely have cell phone service (depending on your carrier). You'll also find wi-fi access, a computer if you need it, pool table, card table, television and more.
Your Daily ItineraryEach day looks the same from an itinerary point of view. But no two days are ever the same in Sitka's waters. That's the adventure of it.
- 5:00 AM: Your wake up call starts the day off right. While you prepare for the day, we'll be making breakfast and getting the boats ready.
- 5:30 AM: Enjoy a home-cooked breakfast topped off with hot coffee, tea and juice.
- 5:50 AM: We all load up and head to the dock where the boats will be warmed up and ready to go at 6:00am sharp.
- 6:00 AM: Once departed, we'll head out for a full day of fishing. Lunch is served on the boat.
- 3:30 PM: When we get back to the dock, there is an opportunity to take pictures of the days catch. The crew will then take care of the fish.
- 4:30 PM: Enjoy hors d' oeuvres at the lodge, watch the scenery and share stories about the day's events.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner is served. Our typical menu includes: fresh salmon, Dungeness crab, prime rib, halibut, potato dishes, salads, homemade rolls or bread, and a variety of vegetables. Desert includes: double chocolate cake, baked Alaska, lemon berry cake, banana splits, and fresh coffee.